Sunday, June 3, 2012

You are the ethicist!

How would you answer this?

I’m married and recently had an emotional affair. As a result of the frequent phone contact with my paramour, I went way over my minute usage allowance. My wife and I have a shared plan, and the bill is automatically paid from her checking account. That overage brought attention to these conversations. My wife insists I reimburse her for this portion of the bill. She is the primary breadwinner, and I am the primary caretaker of our son; my small income comes from my unemployment insurance. While I freely admit the emotional affair was a breach on a number of levels, am I responsible for reimbursing her? NAME WITHHELD

You can read the NY Times ethicist response here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/magazine/costly-conversations.html

No comments:

Post a Comment