Sunday, July 1, 2012

You are the ethicist!

While walking my dog on a country lane, I encountered a chicken that had escaped from a neighbor’s property. I looked for the owners but could not see them (I have a nodding acquaintance with them). Several hours later, while walking on the same lane with my friend and her dog, we encountered the same chicken. Her dog attacked the chicken, killing it. Both of us were horrified, but we continued walking. Should I have stopped the first time and searched for the owners? Should my friend have gone immediately to their house to report the incident? I don’t think she did anything, because this morning she suggested we take an alternate route on our walk. Should I press her to take responsibility for what her dog did? J. ROOSE, DARNIUS, SPAIN

How would you respond?

Here is how the ethicist responded:

http://nyti.ms/N1iR7F

- Posted using BlogPress from my mystical iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment