Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quotes about the Bible

“I'm looking for loopholes!”
(Said when caught reading the Bible.)
~ W. C. Fields

“I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me . . they're cramming for their final exam.” ~ George Carlin

“It is a mistake to look to the Bible to close a discussion; the Bible seeks to open one.” ~ William Sloane Coffin

“I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man. It is the best Book which God has given to man.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

“The Bible is the cradle wherein Christ is laid.” ~ Martin Luther

“When you read God's Word, you must constantly be saying to yourself, ‘It is talking to me, and about me.’” ~ Soren Kierkegaard

“Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.” ~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment